Updated: Nov 10, 2021
This brunch is everything that weekends are about. I have but my own touch on this dish over the years and I think I have it nailed down now.
The kick of chilli in this recipe combined with sweetness of the tomatoes and tanginess of the feta tantalise the taste buds. This is ideal for hosting brunch with a nice fresh loaf of sourdough bread letting everyone dig in and spoon out this hot pot of heaven.
- 4 eggs
- 2 cans of tomatoes
- 1 onion chopped
- 1+ 1/2 peppers chopped length ways
- 1 red chilli finely chopped with seeds removed
- 2 tsp paprika - 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp of Salt and Pepper
- 80g of chorizo
- Feta cheese to garnish
1. Chop up the onions and fry in a large pan for 5 minutes until soft
2. Add the red chilli spices and chorizo cook for another 2 minutes
3. Add pepper and cook for 5 minutes
4. Add canned tomato, sugar, salt and pepper and bring to a gentle simmer
5. With a spoon make a small indent into the sauce and gently crack 1 egg into it. Do this for all 4 eggs - don’t worry if the whites mix into each other they can be separated once cooked.
6. Increase the heat slightly and cover for 10-15 minutes to cook the eggs depending how hard you like them
7. Garish with feta and coriander and serve.